DVSHR volunteers help in many ways. Each volunteer provides an important contribution to the entire team who are all working towards the same goal….finding good homes for good dogs. The following are some examples of our volunteer areas.
- Foster Caregiver – Provides shelter, food and training for the dogs
- Transporter – Helps take dogs to new homes or pick them up from shelters
- Adoption Processors – Interview applicants for potential adoption of a dog in our program
- Trainers – Offer special training for dogs requiring more individual attention
- Counselors – Offer support to Siberian Husky owners to help them overcome problems typical to the breed
- Committee Member – Work on specialized committees such as, Application processing, Events, Foster families, Fund Raising, & Intake for dogs